Okay, seriously now. Someone is messing with the clocks because there is no way my sweet baby is 10 months old already! Time is FLYING by. Wow. Ever since I was a grown up time has moved faster and faster, but since Adeline came into our lives it feels like it's reached a dizzying pace. TEN months? Yup. Ten.
In her ninth month Adeline did a lot of things...
- Learned to pull up and stand and is working on getting her feet organized to get walking. She even forgot what she was doing a couple of times and stood all by herself for a few seconds.
- Fell over backwards and bonked her head really hard a few times while learning to stand.
- Really perfected her crawling and is getting faster all the time.
- Learned to understand lots of new words including "nose", "eyes" "puppy" "cuddle" and "no touching" (although she mostly gives you a devilish grin and keeps right on touching).
- Took her first ride on the ferry to Vancouver.
- Had her first blood test, which made her MAD!
- Wore two pigtails for the first time and it was cute, cute, cute.
- Grew in her two top teeth, with much drama and very little sleeping.
- Got too tall for a lot of her footy pajamas - she's twenty eight inches now and seventeen and a half pounds! She's still wearing size 6-9 month clothes though.
- Went to Butterfly Gardens. Touching the leaves very gently was her favourite part. Riding in her carseat was her least favourite part.
- Learned to whine. Not Mama's favourite accomplishment, but Adeline thinks it's awesome and it really does get results (for now). We're working on words and sign language to get what you need, but I think the whining is here for awhile. Sometimes she combines the whining with pant leg tugging for a double whammy.
- Celebrated her first Mother's Day and her Mama's Birthday. There were a few bites of vanilla ice cream on both those occasions and Adeline declared it the BEST! THING! EVER!
- Was fitted for a second pressure glove so now she is wearing them on both hands to help minimize the scarring from her accident.
- Decided that the exersaucer was her enemy and that she was never going in it again.
- Didn't sleep for weeks. Then slept great. You can guess which week this next picture was from...
- Learned to play ball although the game usually devolves into hugging shortly after it starts.
- Started to babble just in time to say she did it at 9 months!
- Laughed too many times to count. Smiled too many times to count. Ate too many crackers to count. Gave her Mama too many hugs to count.