There it is. The big zero one. My baby girl has been making the planet a better place for a whole year now. In the last month Adeline just seemed to get smarter, cuter, more beautiful, stronger, funnier and more confident.
Other things Adeline did in this last month include:
- started to eat with a fork. She still has the table manners of a Viking and takes great delight in tossing food onto the floor, rubbing it into her hair and doing spit-takes with her water, but at least she's using a utensil and a plate a lot of the time. Not a spoon though. She'll have none of that.
- ate her first grilled cheese sandwich
- started to use a lot of words and to mimic what we say. Consistently she says "hi", "bye bye", "bird", "kitty", "piggies" (what she calls her toes), "eye", "Mama", "up up up UP", "bottle" (although I'm sure no one but us could recognize this one), "plane" (a lot of float planes fly low over our house as they're coming in to land), "ball", "bear", "baby", "Nana", "pat pat pat" (mostly during hugs when she is patting your arm, but also when she's giving inanimate objects affectionate pats) and "cracker". She's really working hard on "thank you" (she has the rhythm but not the pronunciation), "bubble" and "blanket". She is pointing to things all day long wanting them to be named and she returns again and again to her special blanket as she really wants to be able to talk about it, I think.
- stopped saying "Daddy"...now David is a Mama too
- it feels like Adeline whined less this month and cried more, but I might be wrong
- perfected her cruising and started to walk holding onto our hands and behind her riding toy
- worked really hard on her climbing (uh oh)
- started to really give strangers the once over, act shy around them, look serious and furrow her brow
- learned three new animal noises - lion (raaaawr), monkey (chi chi chi) and bird (twee twee twee)
- really listened to everything we say - we were walking down the street and I was talking about a Dim Sum restaurant with "lion" in it's name. Even though this was an adult conversation that had been going on for a long time, she said "raaaawr" as soon as I said the word "lion".
- started to enjoy books even more and now has the patience to sit through up to 4 or 5 without wanting to turn the pages to her favourite parts or wander off. Adeline also loves to read on her own and in her playroom will often gather her favourite books and sit and look at and talk to the pictures for a long time.
-really enjoyed meeting some new babies!
- had her first big party and ate cake for the first time
- ate her weight in blueberries
- gained a whole pound since last month and now weighs 19.12 pounds!
- didn't see any Doctors or Specialists or even the Occupational Therapist at the burn clinic! (although she does have a few appointments coming up)
- finally really started to enjoy playing outside, although she'd still prefer not to touch grass