Yep, my little person has been making the world a sweeter place for an entire year and a half. I can hardly believe it. She is becoming more big girl every day.
Adeline had lots going on in her 17th month...
- started attending playgroup and loves to hang out with all the other little toddler girls. Especially the ones with runny noses.
- finally decided that hair accessories are awesome and asks for ponytails (the more the better) and clips every day. I'm going to have to work on my hairdo skills!
- started eating snacks and some less messy meals at the table in a big chair
- had a very busy social calendar, including lots of playdates with her little friends
- helped make playdough and played with it almost every day and never ate any of it!
- used lots of two word combinations and a few longer sentences like "Daddy at work" and "Daddy work day" and "Daddy home eat" (can you tell that she thinks about her Daddy a lot while he's away?). She also knocked my book from my hands and snarled "Mama book ALL DONE", which while impressive linguistically just couldn't be encouraged.
- decided that she didn't like sharing Daddy and tried hard to get me to stop hugging David. Not going to work!
- finally cut two sharp little canine teeth - one on the top and one on the bottom. There was a lot of drama and a few nights with very little sleep. I'm looking forward to teething being behind us.
- went to the Doctor for the first time since she's been home - her big red mystery bumps were declared heat rash and went away in a few days
- is starting to work on dressing herself and likes to put on David's underwear and my bra over her clothes. Is also getting quite good at the undressing part of learning to dress, which means if you stop in at my house who knows what that girl will be wearing or not wearing.
- found her favourite song ever (at least for this month). Jill Barber's "Oh My My". She sings the "oh my my" part and asks for me to sing it many, many times a day. We just got the cd from the library and she can't get enough of that song!
- she also likes me to sing "John the Rabbit" from one of our Elizabeth Mitchell CD's and gives a very dramatic "Nooooooooo Maaaaaaaam" at the end.
- stopped saying "No" to everything! Whew! This was my favourite thing about the last month as that knee-jerk "NONONO!" to every question was so very tiring. I'm glad that stage was short lived!