Still lots of stress around our place, but lots of things making me happy too. So here it is, a totally random list of TEN things making me happy this monday.
- Okay, so NOT making me happy is how UGLY and BIG the new trampoline in my garden is, but what IS making me happy is to see Adeline's beaming face as she jumps and jumps and jumps. I really wanted a nice wooden climber and swing, but because money is tight this spring with David not working for a couple of months, and because David won't be able to build anything when he's in his cast, we went for a trampoline instead. I really really kind of hate it, but I love how happy it makes my girl!
- In the last 6 hours we have had strong winds, calm, sunny and hot weather, a wicked rain storm and pelting hail. I love wacky spring weather!
- The hail was during our walk home from preschool. This likely sounds weird but Adeline and I LOVED running home in the hail. It hurt in a good way, you know? We laughed all the way.
- Our local (as in two blocks away) craft bakery is doing wood-fired pizza with amazing fresh, local toppings every Sunday and we were FINALLY home on a Sunday and I could walk down and bring us home pizza awesomeness for lunch!
- David is likely having his surgery this Friday. I'm not happy about it, but I'm happy to almost have it behind us. The recovery is the worst part, but it will be good to at least be home and working towards the goal of healing and then getting back to walking again. My dream is to have David able to take Adeline trick-or-treating, but with a rehab period that could take 6 months, it might not happen.
- David's work has been really supportive and has found a replacement for him for his time off, which really takes down David's stress level, as he won't be leaving his colleagues trying to do their work and his. And when David is less stressed, we're all less stressed.
- My sweet pea seeds are finally sprouting.
- Adeline is going to be a dwarf in her Musical Theatre class production of Snow White. I am seriously SO EXCITED. Okay, so it's not a production, but really just one song, and everybody is going to be a dwarf, but I'm still so eager to see my girl performing!
- Adeline's big "all-the-colours" crochet blanket is finally DONE. Pictures to come soon!