I really should just admit as June rolls around that I'm not much of a summer blogger. But as I always declare Labour Day the official start of autumn despite what the calendar says, I can now resume blogging. So guess what's back? That's right - Make my day, Monday! Here is the first list of 10 totally random things that are making me happy on what I consider the first Monday of fall.
- It's a holiday and David is home with us. ALWAYS makes us happy.
- I cooked such a huge, tasty meal on Saturday that we're still eating it today. I love good leftovers!
- After a mostly broken dishwasher since May and then no dishwasher for more than a month, we finally have a snazzy new working dishwasher!
- Fall is my favourite season and I'm loving watching the maples on our street turn bright red.
- Adeline starts preschool again this week and we're both really looking forward to it!
- I'm super happy that it's not time for Adeline to go to kindergarten yet. I'm not ready.
- On Tuesdays, Adeline's friend from preschool is going to be spending the afternoons with us. She is SUCH a nice friend and my little extreme extrovert loves to have someone over to play, so I think it's going to work out well.
- I didn't get stung by a bee this summer (although I know it could still happen, but I'm happy it hasn't happened YET and hopeful it WON'T happen). I'm really allergic so it's a pretty big deal.
- We're harvesting a big bowl of sweet orange cherry tomatoes from the garden every day and then just sitting down and eating them. Sometimes before we even get in the house.
- I tasted the BEST TOMATO EVER last week and now I'm obsessed with finding and growing that type. It was bought at a farm and it was kind of purply brown, bumpy and really ugly, but it was SO sweet and meaty and just my perfect tomato.
What's making you happy on this Labour Day Monday?